Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Via's diary by Lauren

Dear Diary,
Today has been one of those days where you think everything has gone well, but it hasn’t.  Grans is dead. Dead. She was my closest friend; now she’s up in heaven, gone forever. When I was in Montauk, it was one of the best moments of my life. We would always run into the ocean (even with nice clothes on!) and have ice cream before dinner! Now it’s all gone. 

I can remember the last day in Montauk; Grans and I watched the sunset go down. It was beautiful. We cuddled more into the blanket as it got colder and colder. Then Grans told me a secret, a secret she wouldn’t tell anyone, she loved me more than anyone else in the world.
“Even more than Auggie?” I asked quietly. Grans stroked my hair thinking about what to say to me. “I love Auggie very very much,” she told me softly, the way she rolled her r’s in her Portuguese accent brought back so many memories, “but I want people to know I’m looking out for you Via. You’re my everything Via, do you understand me?” I nodded and understood perfectly. And after that moment, I knew that secret would be kept forever in my heart.

When I got home from Montauk, it felt very strange at first. I remember vividly stepping through the doorway and Auggie running up to me to welcome me home. But for a fraction of a second I felt different… When I saw August I felt the way other people see when they see him … horrified… sickened… scared.
Fortunately, that only lasted for a second; when I heard his cheeky little laugh it was over. And hopefully I will never feel the same again.  

By Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment