Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Summer's diary by Niamh

Dear Diary,

Today has been horrible; it has left me in an uncomfortable position and has made me feel even more sorry for August. Literally, every kid in our grade kept confronting me and asking me why I am hanging out with August so much and they kept calling him names. It was just out of order. I didn’t know why sitting with Auggie Pullman would be such a big deal. Why do people have to be so difficult?
First of all, everyone was interfering in all my conversations and asking me, “Why are you hanging out with the freak so much?” Whenever, or if ever, people ask me that I just answer the same thing every time, “B ecause he’s a nice kid and don’t call August that!” After that, Ximena Chin butted in and stated, “You’re a saint Summer, I couldn’t do what you are doing.” Feeling as if I was the centre of attention throughout the whole school, I announced, “It’s not a big deal.” Cause it isn’t. People probably think that I was hanging out with Auggie to make a good impression, but I’m not. I’m just being nice to Auggie, a befriended kid. Suddenly, out of the blue, Charlotte Cody asked, “Did Mr T (Tushman) ask you to be friends with you know who?” Oh, I knew who. At that moment I started to feel quite annoyed (and a bit claustrophobic from everyone crowding around me!) Then I shouted, “I’m friends with him because I want to be, ok?” At that, I walked awkwardly away, feeling more and more sorry for August with every step I took.

Anyway, those kids are just weird - well that’s what I think. Yes, Auggie looks different and it takes a bit of getting used to but they should just treat him like a normal kid, like he is, like I do.

 By Niamh

No comments:

Post a Comment