Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Summer's diary by Felicite


Summer’s diary
Dear Diary,

Today was a strange day because instead of sitting with my friends I went to sit with August Pullman and we made a “Summer table” because our names kind of match: Summer, August. I guess at first I only sat with him because I felt sorry for him. I don’t know why I felt sorry for him, I think it was because everyone made fun of his face and whispered about him. I know inside he’s just like Jack and every other boy. It's really mean how people like Julian and his group and the people who are dating Julian’s group don’t sit with him because of his face.

If Julian had a face like August I don’t think he would come to school ever. At least August is brave enough to come in to school and he’s like the only one who doesn’t talk about who’s not as beautiful as others and I like that. Anyway I’m going to tell you what August looks like. His eyes are about an inch below where they should be on his face and slant down an extreme angle, almost like someone’s cut slits in to his face. His eyes bulge out, because of his eye cavities which are too shallow. He’s got a tortoise like mouth and his nose is disproportionally big for his face.  I like August.  So at the end of the day we became friends and I said, “see you tomorrow.” 

Written by Felicite 

No comments:

Post a Comment