Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Jack's diary written by Finn

Jack’s diary

Dear Diary,                                 

Today has been an eventful day; Julian was a jerk (as always). So here’s how it went: It was the end of class when I got put with Auggie for a science project. Julian (the jerk) asked if he could be with me I said, “No, it’s OK” and pushed him out of the room.  He was like, “Dude, why did you do that?” That’s when I punched him, just like that, right in the mouth. I knocked out a tooth, a baby one. To be honest I felt kind of empty and really bad. I did it to protect Auggie, but I don’t think he noticed.  If he has, he hasn’t shown it.

Moments after I had done it, I regretted my actions.  I knew I was in a dangerous situation and for sure in detention. “Jack this is very serious,” said Mr Tushman, “you knocked out a tooth!” Then I blurted out that it was only a baby one.  I know I was kind of whining. “JACK!!!,” my mum interrupted suddenly. After a good half an hour of quarrelling it was decided that I was suspended for two days until the beginning of winter break. I’ve been thinking about it for an hour and a half now. Thinking about how much I let Mr. Tushman down, Beecher Prep down and my mum down. There’s a countless list of names I let down. I never been so stressed in my life, about that and about the fact that Auggie counts on me to stick up for him, to be his friend. I mean August is nice and really funny, it’s just none of my friends like me anymore because I’m friends with the ‘freak’ (whenever did they start calling him that?) It’s just a deformity, that’s it, everyone is different, treat him as you treat others! Plus, you seriously want to be friends with this guy he is so, so, so funny and so, so, so helpful with everything.
I just wish that my friends could stay my friends and that there could be no war between Julian and I.
Written by Finn  

3 comments: