Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Summer's diary by Tom


Dear Diary,

              Today I made a new friend, his name is August and you could say that he has a slight deformity, OK, it’s quite a huge deformity. His eyes are on his cheeks and he has a scar on his lip, He’s quite ugly. He was sitting on a dinner table by himself so I went over to join him. No big deal but everyone keeps trying to make a big deal of it. He seems to like Jack and Auggie is actually quite nice. Our names match, Summer, August, So we invented the summer table. Anyone with a Summer name can sit on it, although if they don’t have a summer name but they’re really nice they can still sit down there. 


I’ve noticed that since I started hanging out with Auggie there has been a lot less of touching me. Probably something to do with that jerk Julian. I hate Julian, I knew that he would have some sort of problem about looks, It annoys me sooooo much when people stare or look away quickly. It’s not like he’s got some zombie plague virus. He just looks different. Don’t judge a person by his looks, that is something that I have learnt. People can be sooooo, sooooo stupid sometimes when it comes to looks. If I didn’t know that Auggie was a nice person, maybe I would be mean and yes I would probably call Auggie zombie and freak behind his back too. But that’s my problem. Why do we judge a book by its cover even though we’ve heard the saying 500 times?


By Tom

1 comment: