Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Summer's diary by Alex


Dear Diary,
Today has been an awkward day. I said to Mum that August was coming over so we could help each other with homework. I also told her not to make any freaked-out faces towards August or it would hurt his feelings. So when August came we worked on our projects for a bit, then we began to get bored so we decided to hang out in the living room.

“Is that your dad?” he asked me curiously, as he picked up a photograph from the mantelpiece. I wish he had never asked me this. “Yeah,” I said.

“Is he here?” he asked me.

“No,” I said quietly, “he passed away many years ago.”

 “That sucks,” said August.

“Yeah it does,” I replied. “Hey do you know where people go when they die?”

“Yes they go to heaven,” said August.

 “Well," I said, "they also get to be born again and look different.”

 “I like the sound of that. I will get to be all big and buff and I won’t get stuck with this stupid face,” said August. He pointed to his face when he said this. 

I wouldn’t say this to him, but I want to know what’s wrong with August’s face. It’s not right, I always think to myself. Was he in a fire or was he in a car crash or is it something else that’s even worse?!

No comments:

Post a Comment