Sunday 30 October 2016

Wonder diary entry: Jack's diary by Alistair


Dear Diary
Today was a terrible day. In class Mrs Ruben was saying names for people to be partners for the science fair project. Me and August were partners. When the bell rang, I was going to say something to August but he was already out of the room.  Then Julian came over and said, “ask Mrs Ruben if you can switch partners so you don’t have to be with him.” Then he just went up and asked her if Julian and I could be partners. Mrs Ruben said that it could be arranged. I butted in saying that it was ok. I was walking out of the door when Julian caught up to me saying, “why did you do that. You know that you don’t have to be friends with that freak Jack.” That is when it happened. When I punched him in the mouth. I did it so hard that I knocked out a tooth. I ran away leaving him on the stairs, his mouth was bleeding like mad. When I went back he was in the nurse’s room. Mr Tushman was inside the room with Julian. He turned round and looked at me.

Immediately he called my mum and had both of us inside his office. “I am so so sorry Mr Tushman for punching Julian in the mouth,” I mumbled. “Only in the mouth,” Mr Tushman shouted at the top of his voice, “you knocked out a tooth. You’re normally a very nice student, we are going to have to do something about this Jack.”

Even though I really felt like I let Mr Tushman down for punching Julian in the mouth, I also felt like I should have done it because Julian is always really mean to August and me. He leaves horrible notes in our lockers. I hate Julian! He deserved to be punched in the mouth because he is really mean. “I’m sorry Jack but I am going to have to suspend you from school for 1 week said Mr Tushman”.

When I got back, from being suspended from school nobody would talk to me except for Summer. Even August wouldn’t talk me. I asked summer what was up with August and she told me a hint bleeding scream. I was like what the hell does that mean. Suddenly it just came to me. On Halloween I saw someone in the bleeding scream costume… that must have been August. Before class I went over to August.  “I’m sorry August for saying the things about you on Halloween.”
“That’s ok Jack,” August mumbled. Please can we still be friends.  
By Alistair  

No comments:

Post a Comment